[Advaita-l] mithyA from archives

Ramesh Krishnamurthy rkmurthy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 10:19:29 CST 2007

namaskAraH,

On 23/11/2007, Vidyasankar Sundaresan <svidyasankar at hotmail.com> wrote:
<<In today's context, I would extend the same principle of 'samAna
nyAya' from trivRtkaraNa and pancIkaraNa to modern scientific
explanations of the universe, e.g. the big bang theory, to name one
example. It is not about the correctness or otherwise of this one
theory or that other theory of the origin of the universe. It is also
not as if any of these theories prove the truth of advaita. Rather,
any such theory is only a convenient starting point in our fundamental
understanding of that one "Sat" - Existence (with a convenient capital
E!).>>

This is regarding Vidyasankar's point about modern scientific
theories. There is the concept of svarUpa lakShaNa that SrI Kuntimaddi
Sadananda often refers to, and which was also the basis of the long
post on mithyA that I had sent some time back.

Now, if science were to establish such a thing as a fundamental
indivisible particle, would not the absence of svarUpa lakShaNa for
objects be compromised? How important is the absence of svarUpa
lakShaNa for objects in establishing the mithyatva of causality and
hence the truth of advaita?

Ramesh