[Advaita-l] :Essence of Gita:

Sridhar sridhar at amritapuri.amrita.edu
Sun Sep 9 12:54:30 CDT 2007

                            || Aum Sri Gurubhyo Namah ||
                                   || Hari: Aum ||

Aum Namah Shivaya

                                  :Essence of Gita:

There was a great queen endowed with extreme intelligence who loved to hear Bhagavad Gita.

She invited many great scholars, and requested to teach "Bhagavad Gita."

The day was fixed and one of the most reputed scholars, started the discourse, chanting the first verse: "DHRAMA KSHETHRE KURU KSHETHRE."

She immediately requested to stop the discourse, saying, I have learned the essence of Gita. Everybody was wonder-struck, and requested her to explain the essence further.

She meticulously rearranged the words used, saying:"KSHETHRE KSHETHRE DHRAMAM KURU", implying, wherever you are, perform your actions which are firmly rooted in Dharma.

                        || Aum shAnthih shAnthih shAnthih ||

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
srI pAda sEvAyAm
srIdhar

 || Aum lokAh samasthAh sukhino bhavanthu ||

                                *******
japo jalpaH shilpaM sakalam-api mudrA-virachanA

gatiH prAdakshhiNya-kramaNam ashanAdy-Ahuti vidhiH /

praNAmaH samveshaH sukhaM akhilaM AtmArpaNa-dRshA

saparyA paryAyaH tava bhavatu yan-me vilasitaM
                                // Soundarya Lahari Verse 27 //
                                 -- srI shankara bhagavathpAda