[Advaita-l] [ADMIN] Reminder: This is a list for Advaita Vedanta

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Thu Aug 7 00:35:14 CDT 2008

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008, Marko Gregoric wrote:

> You guys are very funny. This attitude of your's reminds me of China
> where the authorities decide what people can write. But nevertheless I
> will accept your request.

Yes the authorities do tell you what to write.  On the page you subscribed
from it says the purpose of this list is to discuss Advaita Vedanta.
Before subscribing you are asked to look at the archives to get a feel for
the topic of the list.  Before subscribing you are asked to read and
acknowledge the guidelines of this list.  If one still doesn't understand
the purpose of this list, let me emphasize

It is not for general social chat

It is not a vehicle for spamming hundreds of people with non-sequiters

It is not for discussing anything other than Advaita Vedanta or topics
closely connected to Advaita Vedanta.  And note discussion means dialogue
not monologue.

Now the moderators do not insist on this in a heavy handed way for fear of
being branded Chinese and also because we expect you as a grown up to be
able to discipline yourself.  So please do so.