[Advaita-l] Kutchu and his glasses - realising Brahman

Lakshminarayana narayana_kl_71 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 23:42:33 CDT 2008

Dear Sadananda,

You wrote:

"If he did not run back to his friend-teacher he would not have discovered that
what he was searching for is with himself."

Not true. He could have also searched it on his body to discover that what he was searching for is with himself. Running back to his friend is not necessary.

"The running was necessary to find out that the running was not necessary."

This statement seems to contradict itself.

"Saadhana is necessary to discover that saadhana was not necessary...."

Sorry, but you are only adding to my confusion here. I will ask you one
question. What do you mean when you say that the truth is self-evident?

Best Regards

-Lakshminarayana