[Advaita-l] Meditation (dhyAna), knowledge (jnAna) etc. in Sankara's advaita

Muralidhar Maddala muralidhar.maddala at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 12:43:53 CDT 2008

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for sharing this ! I have gone thru an exact similar phase weeks ago.
I have finally decided ignore these experiences. It occurs to me that these
experiences don't matter at all as long as I don't live with this truth. So
I still meditate on the same principle as you are doing without becoming the
experience but remain as a witness to these effects (I try).

I request the evolved souls to please advise on this...

yours
Murali

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 8:27 PM, Suresh <mayavaadi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Friends,
>
> I see a very good conversation going on, and I don't want to butt in.
>
> However, I feel compelled to ask for some advice reg. the type of
> meditation I've been doing lately, because I don't know where else to turn.
> Brahman Satya, Jagat Mithya...this is the basis of my meditation. What I do
> is, I try to see the falsity (mithyatva) of all that comes into my mind
> (which indirectly makes the seer alone true, satya).
>
> Results vary on each occasion, when I do this. Sometimes, I am bored and
> abandon practice. Sometimes, I experience hypnagogic images, and once I
> experienced sleep paralysis. Last week, I experienced lucid dreaming. But
> since then, there has been no experience at all. This, in short, has been my
> experience in meditation.
>
> Any ideas/insights on all this?
>
> Regards,
> Suresh