[Advaita-l] varNAsharama system at the time of shankara

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Jul 15 00:45:03 CDT 2008

He does clearly acknowledge we do not interact directly with the Gods
these days as they did in ancient times.

sAshtAnga praNAms Sri Jaldhar prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Kindly pardon me for this afterthought & bear with my ever questioning mind
prabhuji.  Based on this, can we conclude bhagavatpAda's meeting with
vishNu rUpi vyAsa,  discussion about his sUtra bhAshya with him & his
realization from *shiva rUpi chAndAla (outcast)*  & his darshana of
shAradAmAta etc.etc. as accounted in his biography are questionable!!. Or
should we assume these episodes happened after writing sUtra bhAshya or
should we say, in the above bhAshya vAkya shankara making his comments
keeping general public in his mind (by not including himself)....

Your humble servant
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar