[Advaita-l] Sringeri website update

Sundaresan, Vidyasankar (GE Infra, Water) vidyasankar.sundaresan at ge.com
Tue Jul 22 16:29:10 CDT 2008

Dear Advaita-L members,

It gives me great pleasure to bring the following site to the attention
of this list.

The website of the Sringeri Sarada Peetham (www.sringeri.net) has
started a new "Sadhana" section coinciding with Guru Purnima and the
beginning of this year's Chaturmasya. This is in a question and answer
format and will feature advice on various aspects of sAdhana, as given
by senior sAdhaka-s and pundits at Sringeri and approved by the current
Sringeri Acharya, Swami Sri Bharati Tirtha, himself. This new section
can be accessed at www.sringerisharadapeetham.org/sadhana/index.php.

The section opens with Sankaracharya's Upadesha Panchakam in beautifully
rendered Devanagari script and features the first question on general
guidelines for a sincere aspirant to advaita jnAna. More questions and
their answers will be added to the site on a regular basis.

This new section is a result of the efforts of students at the Sringeri
Pathashala, who have created and are maintaining the Sringeri Peetham's
website, as also a few other volunteers. On this list and others, while
we avidly discuss complicated and intellectual questions in Vedanta, we
often lose sight of the basics. It is my hope that many of us will
personally benefit from the Sadhana section updates on the Sringeri
website.

Best regards,
Vidyasankar