[Advaita-l] yajna - animals and trees

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Tue Jun 10 20:12:54 CDT 2008

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008, Shrinivas Gadkari wrote:

> Namaste,
>
> There were some posts related to yajna, animal sacrifice. Here are some more
> ideas on that topic (based on my understanding).

Thankyou for the ingenious idea.  I never thought of it that way before.

My impression is this would make a lot of sense from a samkhya point of
view because that darshana posits a closed universe where all three gunas
are in equilibrium.  But does  this necessarily hold true for Vedanta?  If
Brahman is the source of the entire world-appearance and beyond the three
gunas Himself, then there is no reason why one guna could not predominate.
As long as we are speculating, perhaps there are even multiple universes
in which different quantities of sattva, rajas, and tamas exist.