[Advaita-l] Using silk for pUja

vishwanthan Krishnamoorthy krishvishy at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 09:36:45 CDT 2008

I dont know whether there is any injunction prohibiting use of silk, but I do know that there is no recommendation either for the use of it.

Kanchi Mahaperiyaval propagated the use of homespun over silks.

There are some other texts which mention that using silk provides better results while praying cannot find the references readily

regards
vishwam