[Advaita-l] Question on Gita 8.3, 13.13

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 01:10:20 CDT 2008

As I understand, Krishna is giving definitions for different terms in this
chapter.

Here He is defining Brahman - as aksharam and paramam - kshara means that which
disintegrates. He is askharam what which is eternal.
Paramam means supreme - there is nothing beyond Brahman - the ultimate.
Both are indicatory definitions since Brahman cannot be defined.
Hari Om!
Sadananda