[Advaita-l] Hi

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Tue May 13 00:07:03 CDT 2008

sorry but somehow in the current discussions your post fell by the
wayside.

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008, Sushil K Lamsal wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Pranam from a fellow seeker.
>
> I am a Nepali diplomat now working in Hong Kong, and the terrible
> materiality of this place has injected a gloom on me. Since childhood,
> the search for the ultimate reality has remained my passion, but am yet
> just like a bird lost in a maze of dark clouds just beneath the crystal
> blue skies. Could anybody suggest me how I could break through the veil
> of Maya?
>
> Thank you for your consideration.
>
> Sushil K Lamsal

The first step is to loose the sense of gloom.  Maya is nothing.  You are
everything.  How can it affect you?  To be a stithaprajna, to view
the pairs of opposites such as joy and sorrow with equanimity is the
foundation of sadhana and it can be practised in any place at any time.