[Advaita-l] The Evolution of Advaita from Sankara till Date

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Fri May 16 22:23:15 CDT 2008

On Fri, 16 May 2008, Ananta Bhagwat wrote:

> Yes, by the criteria of student-ship (teacher-ship criteria mentioned
> there too) of upadeSa sahasri I am not sure if I am qualified as a
> Sishya or you are qualified as a guru (or even as a Sishya). Till such
> times the questions can be asked, opinions can be expressed, and people
> are free to advise each other or to respond to each other.

I thank Praveen for doing a better job of explaining what I meant by
that remark than I did myself.  The point is opinions are all well and
good but facts are better.  As one progresses in the acquisition of facts
(and we all need to continue making progress) certain opinions will become
untenable.

> Read Vivekananda carefully and your opinion will change.

I have read him and that's how I came to my current views.