[Advaita-l] meditation and Nithya karmanushtana

D.V.N. Sarma dvnsarma at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 15:25:54 CDT 2008

Sankara in his Taittiriya bhashya has said that the contention of Purva
mimansakas that not doing nitya karma leads to pratyavaya (bad results) is
against all pramanas. According to him doing nitya karma leads to chitta
suddhi.

On the advaita list  I am really surprised that people are more concerned
about things like Venkata Vaidyanatha Dikshitiyam. They should read the
introductory portion of the Taittiriya bhashya where Sankara talks about the
inadequacy of karma to lead to Brahman.

regards,
Sarma.