[Advaita-l] Fw: Re: Meditation Vs nitya karma

latha vidyaranya lathavidya at yahoo.co.in
Fri Oct 31 07:00:03 CDT 2008

hari om
namaste

 IMO nitya karmas are obligatory to a grihastha regardless of his spiritual elevated position. we do not drop those karmas, but when we reach such a height, the karmas drop away themselves, without me feeling the strain of dropping them. that is the reason we pray to lord mrityunjaya - oorvaarukamiva bandhanaath mrityor muksheeya, maa amritaath. here when a ripened cucumber separates itself from the creeper, there is no injury either to the cucumber or to the creeper. neither is hurt in any way. when my antahkarana ripens, all worldly things would drop off by themselves without injuring anybody's sentiments. if he is a grihastha and the karmas drop off when he is fully spiritually ripe, he would become an avadhootha, perhaps, without taking up sanyas to attain that ultimate state of realization. and as a grihastha, we all have the responsibility of leading our kith and kin in the right vedoktha marga and hence we have to follow certain vedic
 injunctions whether i feel the need or not, becoz otherwise, there is every chance of my behaviour leading some immature individuals astray by sheer imitation without understanding the purport behind my behaviour.

i have only expressed my ideas on this and i have no intention to hurt anybody's sentiments on this list. i am open to constructive comments and criticisms as i want to learn things in their right perspective - the vedic perspective.

namaste