[Advaita-l] karma - revisited - I

sunil bhattacharjya skbhattacharjya at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 09:59:05 CDT 2008

Shri Kuntimadi Sadanandaji and Shri Narayan Iyerji,

Namaste,

If I may add, we have to remember what Lord Krishna said. We have the
right only to work  and the results are not in our hand. This does not
mean that the results will not come but one cannot say when and in
what way the results will come. Everything is not preordained. At the
end of the discourse Lord krishna asked Arjuna as to what he (Arjuna)
wanted to do. Only a while before that the Lord said that everybody
was (as good as) already killed by him (the Lord). This means that if
Arjuna did not kill the Kauravas the latter cannot escape death at
that time as the latter's karma had already decided that. If Arjuna
did not kill them the Kalarupi Lord would have seen to it that the
Kauravas would get what they deserved. But if Arjuna would have failed
to perform his duty it would have been bad for him.

Regards,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya