[Advaita-l] Pancikarana vs. Trivrtkarana (analysis)

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 16 09:43:41 CDT 2009

Dear Shri Bhattacharjya,

You want to trivRtkaraNa as a stepping stone. What if stepping stone is 10 feet high? We can not say trivRtkaraNa is easy. The words easy and difficult are relative from person to person as well as for the same person as one finds new tools that make things easier. Whether something is possible or not is the key question. There are also easier alternatives like offering a leaf.

Verbally I don't see any difference between my statement and yours about vedic concepts being differentiated between vedas. What did I miss?

If you have a scheme to explore the prakriyas please go ahead, I am not the one to disturb you.

Yes, if you map the prakriyas on to koshas, panchikaraNa is a more advanced theory than trivRtkaraNa, and the more difficult to learn as well because it will have more details. But a bigger model is not always a better model. Fewer the number of elements the closer it could be to non-duality.

Regards

Bhadraiah