[Advaita-l] Pancikarana vs. Trivrtkarana (analysis)

Dr. Yadu Moharir ymoharir at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 20 06:51:45 CDT 2009

Namaste Sri Krishnamoorthy-Ji:

Thank you for equating "brahman = truth"

This brings a very fundamental issue to the surface.  The answer "neti - neti" is probably the most universal scientific methodology to the "Question - Is this the truth ?"  This is precisely the reason why personally I fell in love the advaita as it  comes closest to science for observing things is an objective manner.

Science is also on the expedition for finding the truth.  It is will be inaccurate ti say that a scientist is not thinking about his questions 24/7.  If Newton was not looking for the answer why, while sitting under a tree then he would have ignored his observations. After all R^iShii's are only dR^iShTaa of a eternal true phenomenon and not the creator of the same.

In the above illustration is gravity not he the real truth?  if yes, then why does any have a problem is accepting that as a true principle around which the universe revolves !  That is why I said the pauruSheyatva here is "gravity" (the Universal), which is not created by any human being and the observer, Newton should be regarded as a R^iShii as being the observer of the same.

This fits our daily ritual covenants as well.  R^itaM vacmii,  satyaM vacmii

R^ita is the observed truth on this Earth, here and now where as satya is the eternal.

Like I have explained this on another occasion,  We all know that wight  = mass X gravity

A person weighing 100 lbs on the Earth will weigh only 20 lbs on the Moon.  Thus the weight observation is R^ita and unchanging (constant factor) mass is the "satya".  All this means that our rituals teach us to go beyond the apparent observations.  It is up to us whether we want to get off our rockers and use the observations for our benefit.  Using that to the benefit for the larger purpose is the the real spirituality of that observation.

Hope this helps clarify my understanding of the true principles !

Kind regards,

Dr. Yadu