[Advaita-l] What's the nature of the sense organs?

Suresh mayavaadi at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 27 08:33:34 CDT 2009

Friends,

We obtain information about the world from the sense organs. For instance, certain objects appear in a certain color, shape etc. due to our human eyes. The same objects appear differently for the bee, which has got a different vision (polaroid?). Suffice it to say that the objects have no reality apart from the information that the senses provide.

So one might as well conclude that the forms are only due to senses, and everything is inherently formless and without qualities.

But what of the senses themselves? The objects can be negated, but how to negate the sense organs? Else, advaita wouldn't be complete, because we'd still be stuck with forms.

Suresh