[Advaita-l] Yajna and Homa

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Aug 4 04:35:42 CDT 2009

Yadu ji

The wonderful concept of pancamahayajna takes care of all cases and all imperfections, doesn't it ?
Asking for a specific gift from the gods would thus be permissible, but asking something 'for me alone' -- not !

By the way, what have you guys got against Max Muller, who introduced the RgVeda to the West, gave his life to scholarship, and was recognised by a great Hindu sage as the reincarnation of another ancient sage ?

Just one of his services was to introduce young men who were to join the Indian Civil Service, to the greatness of Hinduism and the Veda before they left for India..
A pity he wasn't asked to perform the same service for intending missionaries -- they might have given up before they set foot on the boat !

Regards to all,
Michael