[Advaita-l] Yajna and Homa

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Wed Aug 5 16:58:42 CDT 2009

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009, Sunil Bhattacharjya wrote:

> Dear Jaldharji,
>
> Kindly permit me to quote my own statement:

> In the fourth Veda ie. the Atharva Veda where Lord Brahma himself is the
> priest.
>
> Unquote
>
> How will you then rewrite the above? Is it done on behalf of Lord
> Brahmaa, the Saguna Brahman?

I'm not sure I understand the question.  Mantras in all four vedas are
addressed to different devatas including to Prajapati.  Whether to see
those devatas as many or aspects of one depends on the mentality of the
viewer.  Advaita Vedanta definitely encourages the latter view.  None of
this has anything to do with the priests employed in a shrauta yajna as
far as I can tell.