[Advaita-l] durga saptha shathi mp3 & lyrics

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Thu Aug 20 00:04:02 CDT 2009

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009, Vishy wrote:

> Dear MR. Suresh   Seeing your mails , I couldnt stop recalling first few
> lines of " Bhajagovindam"  I would rather suggest you to buy and read
> either  " Advaitha Bodha Deepika"  or atleast " Power of Now" of Eckhart
> Tolle.  That would be of grat help to progress in the pursuit of truth
> rather than spending time learning mantras at this age   Pl excuse me
> for saying this.....   Vishy

Why do you assume that he wants to learn the mantras for some material
purpose?  Narayani (Durga) is not different from Narayana (Govinda) you
know.

Suresh,

I would echo the advice others have given of finding a vidvan guru to
learn about this (and your other questions.)  The Durga Saptashati being
part of the puranas (Markandeya purana) is a "public" work and can be read
or heard by anyone who is devoted to Mataji but for siddhi whether for
dharma, artha, kama, or moksha, it requires special training.