[Advaita-l] Ref request for somnath - to summarize

Satish Arigela satisharigela at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 24 23:39:08 CDT 2009

First I asked you for a reference on your mention of "archaka-s saying rudram and asking the deva to open his third eye". You completely evaded this question and diverted the topic to numerous other unrelated things.

Among these diversions you tried to portray a few ancestors as lacking knowledge by bringing up the toxic effects of Hg. It was shown that it is not correct

Next diversion is towards parashurAma... and what after that?.. i wonder.

This evasion of questions and hopping around topic after topic, I find a bit annoying.

Many of us probably agree with you on some topics.. but to cook up stories(opening third eye) just to denigrate the ancients is downright obnoxious. Especially so, when your(and my own) knowlegde of our traditions seem to be limited.

It will be better if you desist from making judgements(calling napumsaka-s etc) about a distant past of which neither you nor anyone else has a proper understanding. We know next to nothing about the circumstances, the state of affairs in that time... probably if you or me were in our ancestors place, maybe we wouldnt last even a fraction of the time they did, and probably would have made things much worse.

>May be you do not have a desire to think of application of out
traditions and about its >implication to larger mases but that is your
choice. Acharys gave us the most elegant >scientific tool of "neti -
neti" for evaluating the truth but when are we going to use it ?
I will only say that you seem to display a lot of confusion on the above topic.

This will be my last post on the topic unless I see stories made up just to insult our ancestors....

Rgds
sa