[Advaita-l] Atman -- soul or witness or both ?

savithri devaraj savithri_devaraj at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 29 09:02:11 CDT 2009

Absolutely, sruti tells us that brahman and atma are one and the same, and that we don't have to look elsewhere. Sruti is called antya pramaNa because it clearly tells us what atma is not (not this, not this..., you are that, etc.) and negates that last vestige of doership, our intellect, that was used as a pole (pole-vaulting). This knowledge that we are always atman/brahman here and now and forever (purusha) should give us the conviction to act(vastu tantra) in the right spirit until we have eliminated the dusty sheaths that have prevented us from realizing this so far. This is how I would reconcile vastu/purusha tantra aspects into sadhana.
Regards,
Savithri