[Advaita-l] Sivaanandalahari -35

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 13:34:59 CST 2009

Dear Sri Krishnamoorthy,

Yes, I noticed that too.  Since the slokas and the transliteration were cut
and paste from Sri Lakshminarayanan and I did not know to correct the
Samskrit font I left the English transliteration also left uncorrected.
Please ignore the typos that you may come across.

By the way, there are three important words of this sloka (35).  They are:

Sarvagnasya dhayaakarasya Paramaanandharanga

"ya: saravgna: sarvavith" is the sruthi.  Accordingly he dwells in the heart
of all the praaNis and thus keeps knowing everything (He is the saakshi of
the saakshi).  Also the swaarasyam of the word 'dhayaakarasya' should be
understood as follows:

His dhayaa cannot be subject to any pariNaamam in the pravrthi such as
'karOtheethi kara: dhayaayaa: kara: dhayaakara:'  but as the source of
dhayaa itself.

So AachaaryaaL knowing Shiva  as 'sarvagnya' and 'dhayaakara' he pleads with
Him: "Hey! KaruNaanidhE! You are of such great mahima. As you are capable of
knowing the manObhaavam of sakhala praaNis that include me, what is there
for me to tell you? You are my eternal saviour. I am keeping you in my heart
as my *Paramaanandharangan*.

The essence of the sloka is that one should not consider the gaining of alpa
vasthu as yoga but take the paripaalanam of laptha vasthu as the utmost
kshEmam.

Regards,
Anbu