[Advaita-l] Conference on that Date of Adi Sankaracharya in October, 2002

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 10:35:28 CST 2009

Sir,

All I was implying was:  "Why is it so important for you to anchor to a date
and call Mahaswami in a fashion that hurt the feeling of the devotees?  At
the end of BrihadhaaranyakOpanishad there is a huge list of lineage given.
Has any Hindu tried to fix a date of any of them?  Obviously that is not our
importance.  You fix a date and question KamakOti Peetam and they give an
answer giving their lineage.   Is this topic of any importance to
saadhakas?

Only the secularists will be interested in the dates to show the importance
of whiteman, blackman, Aryan Dravidan etc crap.  My plea to fellow members
is not to get caught in the ego trips but just respect the Gurus and their
lineage *irrespective of the Peetam* for any disrespect will retard them
deep down in the cycle of birth and death.

My huge respect for you, Vidyasankarji is yet undiminished.

This is my last post on this topic.  My humble apologies to Ravisankarji.