[Advaita-l] Science and Advaita

Ramesh Krishnamurthy rkmurthy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 23:35:22 CST 2009

2009/2/4 Michael Shepherd <michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk>:
> Dear Vidyasankar,
>
> One thing I learned from my sorry experiences with the 'Encyclopaedia of
> Hinduism' -- Indians have long had a talent for enumeration and distinction
> ! Five of this, sixteen of that...full measured architectural details of
> every temple mentioned..

While Micheal has already gone into some detail on the 'Encyclopaedia
of Hinduism' project, there is also a new effort at producing an
online encyclopedia (hindupedia.com). The external format is somewhat
like wikipedia except that articles can be written/edited only by
people authorized to do so. As of now, a few sincere individuals are
involved but there is ample room for top notch scholars to contribute
and the existing team is actively looking out for high quality
contributors.

Ramesh