[Advaita-l] Books on advaita (any recommendations)?

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Feb 28 10:15:44 CST 2009

Suresh,

Brian Hodgkinson has written an unique book from the Western point of view
on Advaita Vedanta -- even though it's just called 'Vedanta' it's entirely
from Shankara's viewpoint. Brian taught Western philosophy for some years at
a British university; so he can relate the concepts of Advaita Vedanta to
what in the West approaches these. He has also done a scrupulous verse
translation of the Bhagavad Gita from the Sanskrita, so he's clued up..

Sorry, it's not online.. but it's cheap through Amazon.. It doesn't overdo
the quotations; but those that are used are his own translations with the
help of his son..

With a smile,
Michael