[Advaita-l] Gayatri?

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 15 20:01:32 CDT 2009

Dear Shri Chelakaraji,

Nice to know about your interest in Srividya. You can probably start reading about it. Adi Sankaracharya's paramguru Gaudapadacharya had two works, ie. Subhaagodaya and SrIvidyaaratnasutra on Srividya but they are not easily available. A few years ago I received a copy of the Subhaagodaya as gift. I down loaded the Srividyaratnasutra from the Internet. I have these in India and I am now in Australia. Adi Sankaracharya wrote the Lalita Trishati Bhashya and that is in Sanskrit only. A friend was very kind to send me a photocopy of the same and that too is in India. You may also read the book Saundaryalahari. There is unceratinty about the author of this work but it is a good work and the edition published by the Theososphical Society has a very useful introduction. Another good work on it is Varivashyarahashya of Shri Bhaskararaya Makhin.

However the main problem may be to find a guru for that.

Sincerely,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya