[Advaita-l] Gayatri?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Jul 22 01:42:36 CDT 2009

praNAms Sri Sunil prabhuji
Hare Krishna

SB prabhuji :

Firstly your statement that our scriptures are from the Kali yuga only is
not acceptable to me.

bhaskar :

pardon me prabhuji, I've not said anything of that order...It was only a
query from me whether we can say upanishads were written after the real
life incidence as accounted in the texts.

SB prabhuji :

You seem to be following the chronology suggested by the western scholars.

bhaskar :

I am not aware of any chronological order of veda-s as suggested by the
western scholars:-))

SB prabhuji :

Secondly you wondered as to how could the seemingly real life incidences
such as of Satyakama have entered the  apaurusheya veda-s and vedanta-s

bhaskar :

dont you think this doubt is logical??  or do you mean to say all these
episodes are mere fictious stories just to convey the truth through
parables??

SB prabhuji :

but you never wondered whether your understanding of the  the word
"Apaurusheya" is adequate or not.

bhaskar :

how do you come to know that my understanding of apaurusheya is
inadequate:-))  veda itself say veda-s are the exhalation of purusha...do
you want to say alongwith satyakAma jAbAli dialogues, yajnAvalkya-maitreyi
& gargi dialogues, uddaalaka shvetaketu dicussions this purusha exhaled
the veda-s??  Anyway, kindly dont think I am trying to ascribe an
authorship to these shruti-s by asking these questions..this is my doubt
and seeking the clarification. Likewise, there is a list of brahma jnAni-s
in the shruti, in that list well known jnAni-s of our familiar names like
gaudapAdAchArya, shankara bhagavatpAda, ramaNa maharshi, ramakrishna
paramahaMsa etc. are missing & we can find only Rishi saMpradAya names..
Going by this list, can we say, this shruti is the work of an author who
has listed these brahma jnAni-s and this author is one of the Acharya-s of
pre-gaudapAdAchArya era??  Again, this is only my doubt, kindly dont think
I am trying to push anything here.

SB prabhuji :

The truths revealed in or the messages conveyed by the Shruti texts are
eternal truths These truths are unbiased and impartial in nature and are
not influenced by human prejudice and that is why these texts with such
conetents are called the Apaurusheya texts.

bhaskar :

I agree prabhuji.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar