[Advaita-l] Request to answer this question

Jayaram Subramanian jyrmsubramanian at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jul 24 01:15:35 CDT 2009

Dear Sirs,

               Namaste. Recently,  I read in a book that

"Our soul is like electricity- a form of energy which can neither be created nor be destroyed but can be transferred from one form to another. The electricity (source) is the same, but it manifests in different forms (individuals) - as air from fan, as light from a bulb etc. So, if we understand that the same energy is manifesting in different individuals, there will be no room for anger, greed, jealousy etc."

              Though the statement is convincing as it gives a practical example, how does one explain the different levels of suffering for different individuals? I mean, though everyone is the same, we all suffer differently. So we are bound to have anger, greed etc,.

Thank you

Yours sincerely,
N s Jayaram

      Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local http://in.local.yahoo.com/