[Advaita-l] A few moments with Paramacharya by Dr Raja Ramanna

Dr D Bharadwaj drdbharadwaj at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 22:03:26 CST 2009

Sri Mallampalli,

If concepts of vedanta do match the depth of modern

sciences, mathematics, genetics, computer sciences

and management we should by all means pursue the

leads, though our main aim would be advaita.

Very true.

I have seen even the accounts of Paramacharya making crucial
personal contributions to people of diverse needs.

In the initial days of my introduction to Advaita, all the authentic
versions of the live 'interface' between the high vedanta and the day to day
life, with a *seeming* opposition between them, were  important to me. It
might seem silly now.

I drew a lot of strength, support and guidance from the great masters Sri
Aurobindo, Sri Ramana and the Mahaswami in decades of intellectual and
spiritual proximity with them, taking in matchless inputs. Thanks to them, I
could harmonize myself rather effortlessly.  Personally, I see no
contradiction among three masters, though it is not impossible to choose
to find succulent points to wax eloquently on the differences, if one has
the time, the inclination or, perhaps, some utility in doing so.

Eventually, I found myself powerfully gravitated to Bhagavan Sri Ramana for
continuation. But I have no doubt about the great contribution of all the
three giants to us. The inimitable masters were with us, among us, that too
in modern times, as vibrant, living, talking, walking, working and
interacting examples of Advaita vEdAnta. May the same can be said also of a
few other masters of our times.

Regards,

sarvE bhavanthu sukhinah
sarvE santhu niraamayaah