[Advaita-l] Adi Shankara's works on Surya Bhagawan

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 09:48:09 CDT 2009

This was a very good suggestion by Venkat. I checked up the
prapa~ncasAra tantra and chapter 15 is on sUrya upAsana. Unfortunately
there are no stotras, there a few dhyAna shlokas which may serve the
purpose. That may suffice. There are a number of beautiful stotras on
shiva, viShNu and sarasvatI among others.

One tradition is that this text was not composed by Sri Shankara, but
only compiled from existing sources.

Rama