[Advaita-l] Sandhyopasana - Savita

Venkata Subramanian venkat_advaita at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 15 10:23:42 CDT 2009

Vidyashankar,

You have rightly referred to the explanation of Sringeri Jagadguru Sri Chandrashekara Bharati.   I have a doubt here.

When I do Sandhyavandana, should I necessarily consider that the Aditya in my front (Stula Aditya in the Akasha) as the prateeka for the Savita, (Savita = Brahman as I understand), or do I have the option to close my eyes and consider directly Savita - directly as per the meaning of the mantra, in which case my focus is not necessarily on the Stula Aditya in my front up in the sky......!

Thanks,
Venkat