[Advaita-l] Three models for worship

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 23 13:09:32 CDT 2009

Dear Bhadraiah,

Here are some posts wherein the Gita-Chapter 15 model is discussed.
http://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2007-April/040280.html
http://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2008-May/041705.html

Please dwell on Sholka-s 15.16, 15.17, and 15.18. Long contemplation
might be needed until the meanings hidden in them are revealed. After
revealing these sholka-s, shrI kRSNa tells arjuna that I have revealed
the ultimate secret "shAstra" to you. NOWHERE in gItA other than this
place term "shAstra" has been used in eulogy.

If you place AtmA-mAyA model on top, followed by AtmA/deva/mAyA/jIva
model, you have already skipped the akSara puruSa.

Regards,
Shrinivas

Thanks BG.15, I will check it out. (Some one please show me the search button for the list.)
The list of models is infinite, and I did not list them in any order. In fact, depending on how
you want to classify, Atma vs Maya model can be put on top, and Atma/devas/Maya/Jivas be next.
Br.U.I.4.10 serves as Shruti for Atma/Maya model, and Atma/Maya model is higher model because
it eliminates the layer of devas.