[Advaita-l] Siva Panchakshari Bhashya of Padmapada

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Wed May 27 14:02:10 CDT 2009

On Wed, 27 May 2009, Ganu wrote:

> Actually it is by Sri Sureshwaracharya in His Manasollasa ,i have a doubt on
> the text but it was by Sri Sureshwaracharya

I think you are thinking of pranava varttika which is a commentary on the
significance of omkara which is by Sureshvaracharya.  It is often included
with editions of his Manasollasa (which is a commentary on
Shankaracharyas' Dakshinamurti stotra) but it is a seperate work.

Shivapanchakshari Bhashya is by Padmapadacharya and is a commentary on the
significance of om namah shivaya.  We have a copy of the Sanskrit text on
our site at:

http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/texts/shivapa~nchAkSharIbhAShyam.pdf