[Advaita-l] A perspective-3

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 3 09:02:54 CST 2009

> Thanks a lot for sharing this wisdom with all of us. Now I've realized
> there is a lot of difference between 'AchArya vANi' and crying of an
> amateur philosopher :-)) When I tried to convey the same point in my 'own
> style', I had to bear all sorts of commotion from all corners :-)) A
> diplomatic way of communication would really do wonders!! :-))

Diplomacy certainly helps, but it also helps to not pick an argument for

argument's sake. I can only recommend a rule of thumb that I often follow.

When reacting to a post, write out your response, but resist the urge to

hit send. Save the draft, re-read your response and the original post the

next day and think about whether you have properly understood the intent

of the original post, whether your intent in your response will be clear to

a general reader, whether you can make some point in a better fashion or

even whether any response is necessary in the first place. Then decide

whether any possible commotion in response to your response is worth it

and only then hit the send button.

Vidyasankar