[Advaita-l] Jivanmukti - Jnana plus Sannyasa pt 4

Shyam shyam_md at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 1 06:58:13 CDT 2009

Pranams
Shankara actually clarifies that the term Brahmanas in this context can be taken to refer to Kshatriyas and Vaishyas in addition to Brahmanas. So this objection is unfounded. In any case the topic under discussion in the Brahmasutras is adhikartvam for jnanaprapti and NOT the need for sarvakarmasannyasa after attainment of jnana.
It betrays a tremendous degree of strain to try and link those two issues in the context of the current discussions, and ends up skirting and worse sidetracking the entire issue.

Hari OM
Shyam