[Advaita-l] Sankara on sannyAsa for Steadiness in GYAna (was Re: Jivanmukti - Jnana plus Sannyasa pt 5)

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Oct 14 06:05:52 CDT 2009

Moksha is an entitlement of all irrespective of varna and bhagavan has
prescribed the other maargas such as karma, yoga and bhakthi.  Karma does
not mean vedic karma alone that the brahmins perform.  It means all karmas
by all varnas.

When Sankara says that only by Gnana can one attain Moksha he is
addressing
the Brahmins and not other varnas.

praNAms Siva prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Though I agree that all varNAshrami-s are eligible for the mOksha, I dont
want to be part with the multiple path-s for mOksha...Shruti  itself clear
that jnAna & ONLY jnAna can remove the ignorance & nothing else (nAnyaH
paNthA vidyateyanAya)...But this jnAna is NOT the sole property of the
residents of saNyAsAshrama...Those who do not have the vedAdhikAra they
too can attain the 'same' result by itihAsa purANa...but fact remains that
they have to have that Atma jnAna only nothing else and this jnAna does
not come from the purusha tantra 'karma' and this karma has to be elevated
to the status of karmaphala saNyAsa rUpa karma yOga to get jnAna nishTe.

Dear Karthik prabhuji, thanks for your reference from brahma sUtra...I
shall look at it when I go home today.  And be rest assured I am going to
disprove NOT shankara but those who are declaring : WITHOUT EMBRACING
SANYAASA ASHRAMA THERE IS NO MUKTI WHATSOEVER :-))

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar