[Advaita-l] Sankara on sannyAsa for Steadiness in GYAna (wasRe:Jivanmukti - Jnana plus Sannyasa pt 5)

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 21 05:59:43 CDT 2009

I was talking about Bhakti for Ishvara ie. the Ishvara pranipata. Bhakti by itself has a general meaning of liking or regards. Rama had his bhaktas so also Ravana had his. Knowing the difference is jnana. So absolutely jana-less bhakti has no meaning. Jnana gives direction. Without jnana  one may end up worshipping the demons. Bhakti is the driving force that busts the ego and takes the person nearer to God and  I understand that God helps the ardent bhaktas by giving them the knowledge of the ultimate truth.

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya