[Advaita-l] Sankara on sannyAsa for Steadiness in GYAna (was Re: Jivanmukti - Jnana plus Sannyasa pt 5)

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 07:50:13 CDT 2009

Hari Om, Bhaskarji,

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> ...And they have the firm conviction that there
> is NO WAY OUT without saNyAsa,

I'd like to take this opportunity and qualify myself as subscribing to this
view...

> And they themselves thinking that they are
> on par with sincere mumukshu-s & ready to see the 'rascal dam' in others'
> hearts!!!... alas!!

... but disqualify myself from being a mumukshu...

> what they are doing here wasting their precious time
> !!??  They are merely  preaching 'the saNyAsa' without bothering to follow
> this VIDHI...

... and still think that I'm not wasting my time here because I understand
that without perfecting sAdhana
cAtushTaya, I can't be a mumukshu and way far from adhikAri of saMnyAsa.

praNAms,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */