[Advaita-l] Fw: Re: waking, dreaming, sleeping, as mutually supportive

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Oct 23 05:58:33 CDT 2009

sAshtAnga praNAms Sri Vidya prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Please see sureSvara's vArttika on this, where he clarifies everything.

>  Kindly refer my mail in which I've said I dont have vArtika with me &
my parama guruji in his Kannada commentary has not given more details on
this stand.  Hence I asked for the clarification from the prabhuji-s who
have the vArtika on hand.

Please also see the overall context of this bRhadAraNyaka bhAshya passage,

where brAhmANa is primarily defined as one who knows brahman, not via the

usual understanding of varNa.

> prabhuji, would you think this clarification also helps us to settle the
issue with regard to shudra-s also??  Kindly clarify my doubt with regard
to brahmasaMstha in shudra jAti.

We have discussed this numerous times in the past, so I don't see a big
need to repeat it all.

>  Kindly atleast give me the reference prabhuji..I shall try to check the
relevant thread  from my colleague's pc..as I dont have internet access in
my desktop.

Tradition, from time immemorial, allows the entry into saMnyAsa ASrama for
all dvija-s.

>  I dont think there is an entry for the vidvat sadas for non-dvija
saNyAsi-s in shrungeri tradition ( I may be wrong here!!)...Why I am
saying this is, 4-5 years back, I had met one saNyAsi from vaishya
janAnga,  during vedAnta shibira at Holenarsipura, he was saying there is
no entry for non-brAhmin sanyAsi-s to participate in the vidvat gOshTi.
Kindly clarify.

Your humble servant
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar