[Advaita-l] waking, dreaming, sleeping, as mutually supportive

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Oct 23 06:26:05 CDT 2009

In this message thread we are discussing how one may use interaction/
influence between the three/ four states of consciousness in our sAdhanA.

If we say these states and independent of each other, I assume we are
also implying that they do not interact with each other or influence
each other. In that case validity of vidyA-s as I understand them is
questionable.

praNAms Sri Srinivas prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Thanks for this clarification...But still I am not able to understand how
Smt. Savitri mAtAji-s explanation on  exclusiveness of avasthA-s would
question the validity of vidyA-s.  Before making any conclusion on these
avasthA-s, we have to see our own experience is it not??  can we take our
waking time & space to our dream state & vice versa??  It is this with
simple reason, we say on the sAkshi screen avasthA-s like waking, dream &
deep sleep would come and go like morning, noon & evening shows :-))
nothing can stick to that screen but at the same time nothing can be
experienced without that screen...from the screen point of view (i.e.
witness point) all these avasthA-s are just like dreams which have its own
space & time frame...Hence, shruti says : tasya traya avasathAH trayaH
svapnAH....Anyway, you can leave my details aside & wait for Smt. Savitri
mAtAji's reply.  I am sure, she  would explain her stand with more
clarity.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar