[Advaita-l] Sivaanandalahari - 3

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 06:00:42 CDT 2009

Sivaanandalahari - 3त्रयीवेध्यं हृध्यं त्रिपुरहरमाध्यं त्रिनयनं
जटा-भारोदारं चलदुरगहारं मृगधरम् ।
महादेवं देवं मयि सदयभावं पशुपतिं
चिदालंबं सांबं शिवमतिविडंबं हृदि भजे ॥ ३ ॥

trayIvedhyaM hRudhyaM tripuraharamAdhyaM trinayanaM
jaTA-bhArodAraM chaladuragahAraM mRugadharam |
mahAdevaM devaM mayi sadayabhAvaM paSupatiM
chidAlaMbaM sAMbaM SivamativiDaMbaM hRudi bhaje || 3 ||

I meditate in my heart on Paramasiva who is known through the three Vedas,
who is sweet to the mind, who destroyed the three cities, who is first of
all things, who has three eyes, who looks distinguished with matted locks,
who has the moving snake as his necklace, who holds a deer in his hand, who
is greatest among all Devas, who is self luminous, who is compassionate to
me, who is the lord of all beings, who is the source of wisdom and who is
always with Ambika

(commentary follows in the next posting)