[Advaita-l] definition and criteria of Truth

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 04:48:59 CDT 2010

Namaste.

One expression that comes to mind immediately is:

अधिषठानावशेषो हि नाशः कल्पितवस्तुनः   (Source of this is unknown.  I thought
hitherto that it is a line from Sureshwaracharya's VArtika.  Someone could
confirm. )

[adhiShThAnAvasheSho hi nAshaH kalpita-vastunaH]

//The remaining over of / as  just the substratum is what is termed as the
destruction of the superimposed (imagined) thing.//

OR //The destruction of the concocted is its remaining over as merely the
substratum.//

The above is quoted on p.697 of the book: SrIdakshiNAmurtistotram Vol.I.

Regards,
subrahmanian.v