[Advaita-l] Adi Sankara's comment about Prayascitta Karma

Satish Arigela satisharigela at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 8 23:45:32 CDT 2010

>Even if we assume that Prayascitta karma removes the bad karma, how one can
>validate it?

There is no need to assume in the first place. Many AchArya-s including those in
the tradition of Shankara "know" this either by their own or though others
experiences

Other methods of validation.
1) Through vaiShNava, shaiva tAntric rituals involving various mantra-s
2) By consulting an experienced prashnaka. A prashnaka is someone who blessed
with the skill of divination.
3) Sometimes through people who have an Avesha of a certain devata can also tell
those things.