[Advaita-l] nirguNa brahma

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Aug 9 07:29:10 CDT 2010

Agreed at the level of nirgUna brahma tri guNa-s are transcended.
But at least the five shakti-s that are beyond the three guNa-s can
exist: cit, Ananda, iccha, jnAna, and kriyA. So:
- using jnAna shakti it would be possible to "know" the creation,
- using kriyA shakti it would be possible to support "maintenance" of
creation,
and
- using iccha shakti it would be possible to give creation "new
directions".

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Yes, from the transactional view point we can give explanations like this.
Your  above explanations reminds me Lalita sahasra nAma : icchaa shakti,
jnAna shakti, kriya shakti svarUpiNi, A brahma keeta janani varNAshrama
vidhAyini..etc.  For that matter geeta chArya himself says controlling my
prakruti I create them again and again (visrujAmi punaH punaH)...But from
the highest point of view (i.e. advaitic view) there is neither creation
nor dissolution..(na nirOdhO nachOtpattiH...says kArika)..And in sUtra
bhAshya shankara clarifies : The creation which is taught in various ways
by means of illustrations like that of clay, metal and sparks is ONLY a
device for the purpose of leading the mind to the truth, and there is no
diversity on any account...

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar