[Advaita-l] Adi Sankara's comment about Prayascitta Karma and Sureshvaracharya's comment about Nitya Karma

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Aug 12 06:06:36 CDT 2010

Namaste Sri Bhaskar

 If he purposely does bad things thinking I will get Prayascitta done
and no bad effect will happen to me he is wrong.

If someone has bad behaviour does Kushmanda Homa it will be useless
for him. His bad karma will not be extinguished even if he did
Prayascitta. Check  BSB of Adi Sankara 3 1.10 in this sutra Karsnajini
said 'Nahi Sadachara hinaha Kascit Adhikrutaha Syat'.  He also gives a
Smruti statement 'Achara Hinam Na Punanti Vedaha'. A man with bad
behaviour will not get benefit of Veda Karmas. He will not get
purified with Prayascitta Karma also. It has no meaning.

praNAms venkatesh prabhuji
Hare Krishna

The above is what I said in my previous mail.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar