[Advaita-l] Knowledge, renunciation and varNASrama rules

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 06:18:26 CDT 2010

Hari OM, Venkatesh ji,

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Vidyasankar Sundaresan
> <svidyasankar at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > The word "anadhikRta" here refers to those who do not have requisite
> > adhikAra for various vaidika karmA-s,

 On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Venkatesh Murthy <vmurthy36 at gmail.com>wrote:

in 3 4.20 Adi
> Sankara is saying other Brahmins who have sacred thread but not
> performing Yajnas can take Sanyasa.

Apologies for jumping in. I can understand a Brahmin perhaps not performing
yaj~na but could you please explain how could he be anadhikRta, meaning not
having adhikArA as per your interpretation? What is a Brahmin not eligible
for?

praNAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */