[Advaita-l] The Highest Path

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 20:58:20 CST 2010

Advaita philosophy takes Jnana as the highest path. Nahi Jnanena
Sadrusham is motto. But there may be people not qualified for Jnana
Marga.  For those people and others interested in Ishwara there is
Bhakti Marga. He will see highest Bhakti as So'ham. Bhakta and God
become One.

A problem of Bhakti could be people asking for favours and partiality
from God instead of concentrating on Him. They become angry if  they
do not get asked things. Then they lose faith.

Not expecting from Ishwara is important.

Hanuman and others great pure Bhaktas like Bhakti but it cannot not
prove Bhakti is superior.

Regards

-Venkatesh

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 3:29 AM, Sunil Bhattacharjya
<sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Namaste,
>
> It need not be that  one always excludes the other. Though Hanuman was a great bhakta he was Jnani too. He also knew that "bhaktyartha kalpitam Dvaita Advaitadapi sundaram". He had the option of being one with Brahman and also of remaining as a bhakta.
>
> Regards
>
> Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

-Venkatesh