[Advaita-l] Advaitic Foods

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Dec 15 23:19:50 CST 2010

3.Similarly Shudras jaathis can meat because of hard labor and also
Kshatriya jaathis to develop rajas to rule/carry out wars, etc. But there
restrictions and limits.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

I am sorry, above observation gives me a mischevous but serious doubt...If
the above is true, then Lord Sri Rama, seetha mAta and whole of rAma's
family, pandava-s, bheeshma pitAmaha etc. must have been  non-vegetarians,
because they are all kshatriya-s.  And Lord Krishna, who wisely advised to
offer patram, pushpam, phalaM, tOyam was a non-veggie, because he was a
shUdra !!??  Likewise, kings like janaka, ambareesha, bali chakravarthy
etc. must be non-vegetarians...and parashurAma who slaughtered 'kshatriya
kula' must have turned his diet to non-veg as his task was demanding an
extra power !!??  But all these days I was thinking these souls were pure
vegetarians :-))  Any thoughts on this??

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar